Data Communications PDF
PowerPoint Slides: The "official" set of slides commissioned for use specifically with this book. Developed by Adrian J Pullin of Liverpool Hope University College.
It is a collection of lectures notes not ours. Our subjective is to help students to find all engineering
subjects with various lectures notes , PowerPoint slides in ppt ,pdf or html file at one place .
Because we always face that we lose much time by searching in google or yahoo like search
engines to find or downloading a good lecture notes in our subject area with free .
Also it is difficult to find popular authoress or books slides with free of cost.
If you find any copyrighted slides or notes then please inform me immediately by comments or
email as following address .I will take actions to remove it.
Please Click bellow to download ppt slides/ pdf notes. If you face any problem in downloading
or if you find any link not correctly work or if you have any idea to improve this blog/site or
if you find any written mistake or you think some some subject notes should be include then
give your suggestion as comment by clicking on comment link bellow the post (bottom of page) or
email us in this address (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
I will must consider your comments only within 1-2 days. if you have any good class
notes/lecture slides in ppt or pdf or html format then please you upload these files to
rapidshare.come and send us links or all files by our email address
Thank you for visiting our site.........
Click Below to Download the files :-
- [sequence/last slide] (e.g., [1/7]) indicates the material covered from the notes during class period. However, this only shows the slides and not the material discussed that are not reflected, e.g. examples, general discussion on the topic etc.
- Lecture 1 (01/09/08): [1/07] ( Sequence 1 pdf ) Introduction
- Lecture 2 (01/11/08): [2/02] ( Sequence 2 pdf ) Basic principles: LAN, Circuit switching, packet switching, ATM, network configurations
- Lecture 3 (01/14/08): [2/26] Protocol architectures, protocol stacks
- Lecture 4 (01/16/08): [2/45] OSI model, TCP/IP, UDP, protocols in TCP/IP suite
- Lecture 5 (01/18/08): [3/10] ( Sequence 3 pdf ) : Physical layer terminology
- Lecture 6 (01/23/08): [3/21] Fourier analysis, Signal representation, attenuation
- Lecture 7 (01/25/08): [3/40] Analog and digital signals and transmission
- Lecture 8 (01/28/08): [3/49] Attenuation, distorion, noise, NEXT canceling, Nyquist and Shannon formulas Thermal noise, signal delay
- Lecture 9 (01/30/08): [4/15] ( Sequence 4 pdf ) : Transmission media basics, twisted pair
- Lecture 10 (02/04/08): [5/05] ( Sequence 5 pdf ) : Coaxial cable, optical fiber, Wireless transmission (antennas, radiation pattern, parabolic refliction, microwave, satellite microwave, broadcast radio, infrared, wave propagation), Signal encoding background
- Lecture 11 (02/06/08): [5/21] Signal encoding techniques, Digital Data -Digital Signals (NRZ, Bipolar AMI, Pseudoternary, Mancester, Diff. Manchester)
- Lecture 12 (02/08/08): [5/32] Signal encoding cont., (B8ZS, HDB3), Digital Data - Analog Signal, ASK
- Lecture 13 (02/11/08): [5/40] FSK, PSK, Pread Spectrum,...
- Lecture 14 (02/13/08): [5/41-5/59] Digital Data - Analog Signal cont. (Binary FSK, Mutliple FSK, QPSK, OQPSK, QAM), Sampling Theorem,
- Lecture 15 (02/15/08): [5/60-5/71] Pulse Amplitude Modulation (PAM), Pulse Code Modulation (PCM), Nonlinear Encoding Delta Modulation, Analog Data - Analog Signals, Async and Sync. Transmission,
- Lecture 16 (02/20/08): [5/71-6/6] ( Sequence 6 pdf ) :, discussion of homework, analog signal modulation, async. and synchronous transmission
- Lecture 17 (02/22/08): [6/7-6/18] Error Detection (codes, hamming distance, parity, checksum, cyclic redundancy check)
- Lecture 18 (02/25/08): [6/19-6/26] CRC
- Lecture 19 (02/27/08): [6/19-6/26] Homework discussion, questions, examples
- Lecture 20 (02/29/08): [7/01-8/5] ( Sequence 7 pdf ) :, Lince Configurations (tolology, full/half duplex), Characteristics of Interface (Mechanical, Electrical, Functional, Procedural) Interfacing (V.24/EIA-232-F, ISDN interface) ( Sequence 8 pdf ) :, Compression, Data Link Control Protocols, Data Link Basics